It’s finally here. Well, almost. Alabama football is set to square off with Florida State on Saturday in what is being billed by some as the biggest opener in college football history.
It’s a rare top-5 matchup to open the season, the Crimson Tide checking in at No. 1 and the Seminoles slotted at No. 3 in the preseason Associated Press Top 25 poll. Both teams are early favorites to win their respective conferences and make the College Football Playoff.
Alabama is no stranger to the CFP, having made all three Final Fours thus far and winning it all in 2015. Florida State made the inaugural CFP in 2014, losing to Oregon in the semifinals.
Alabama football vs. Florida State, game time, details
- Time: 8 p.m. ET
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 2
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
- Line: Alabama by 7
What channel is Alabama football vs. Florida State on?
ABC is televising the game.
How can I watch Alabama football vs. Florida State online?
You can stream the game at WatchESPN.
How can I listen to Alabama football vs. Florida State on the radio?
You can listen to the Alabama broadcast on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Eli Gold, Phil Savage and Chris Stewart on the call.
Who is calling Alabama football vs. Florida State for ABC?
Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Maria Taylor and Tom Rinaldi will be on the call for ABC.
What you need to know about Alabama football vs. Florida State
- Coaching ties: The coaches in this one are familiar with each other. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher worked as Nick Saban’s offensive coordinator at LSU. Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt held the same position under Fisher at Florida State during the Seminoles’ national championship season in 2013. It’ll be interesting to see how much that prior knowledge carries over to the field.
- Series notes: This is the fifth meeting between the teams. The Crimson Tide hold a 2-1-1 advantage in the series but the ‘Noles hold the most recent win, 21-14 on Sept. 29, 2007, in Jacksonville, Fla. The series began on Oct. 23, 1965, when Alabama earned a 21-0 victory in Tuscaloosa. The two teams then tied 37-37 in Birmingham to open the 1967 season before meeting once again on Oct. 12, 1974, in Tuscaloosa. The Tide claimed an 8-7 win at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Dome openers: Alabama has played in seven season-opening games in a domed stadium in the Saban era. The Tide are a perfect 7-0 in those contests with a 265-104 (37.9-14.9) scoring advantage. Alabama opened the 2016 season inside AT&T Stadium with a 52-6 victory against then-No. 20 Southern California.
- Alabama as nation’s No. 1: Alabama has played 74 games as the nation’s top-ranked team since the inception of The AP Poll in 1936. The Tide boast a 63-11 record in those contests. Those numbers are even more impressive when you narrow it to Saban’s 10 seasons (2007-present). Since the ninth game of the 2008 season (116 games), Alabama has played 50 games while being ranked No. 1, posting a 44-6 record.
- Facing off with the best: Entering Thursday night, Alabama has the eighth-toughest schedule in college football this season, according to ESPN.com’s College Football Power Index. Alabama will face nine teams who participated in a bowl game a season ago and will meet four teams currently ranked by The AP.
The post Alabama vs. Florida State, Week 1: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (9/3/2017) appeared first on SEC Country.