TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama football continues its SEC grind with a trip to Starkville, Miss., on Saturday for a matchup with Mississippi State. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Here is the latest from the Crimson Tide’s Wednesday practice.
What we saw
- Left tackle Jonah Williams returned to his normal position on Wednesday. Williams was limited during practice on Monday and Tuesday. Freshman Alex Leatherwood stepped in his place for the two days.
- Defensive back Nigel Knott was spotted on crutches in the facility. Knott had a brace on his knee/leg. There has been no official word on Knott’s situation.
- Defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick (hamstring) continued to work in his normal spot. Fitzpatrick is still wearing a support strip on his left hamstring, but he showed no signs of being limited.
- As always, Fitzpatrick worked with the ones in Alabama’s dime package. He was joined by Tony Brown, Levi Wallace, Anthony Averett, Ronnie Harrison and Hootie Jones. Keith Holcombe was the lone inside linebacker. That role had been held by Mack Wilson.
- With Holcombe taking on the dime inside linebacker role, that likely means Rashaan Evans will continue to be an edge rusher in dime.
- Linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton (knee) was spotted on crutches near the defense. It’ll be good for the young players to have him around to lean on him for knowledge and leadership.
- Freshman VanDarius Cowan continued to work with the inside linebackers.
- Outside linebacker Anthony Jennings showed no signs of being limited.
- Outside linebacker Jamey Mosley showed no signs of being limited.
- Former Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland was spotted in the facility.
- Linebackers Terrell Lewis, Christian Miller and Mack Wilson were all spotted heading into the weight room. The trio appeared to be in good spirits.