TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The University of Alabama’s 56-0 victory against Mercer at Bryant-Denny Stadium quickly turned into a tune-up for next week’s Iron Bowl. After scoring on its first four possessions, Nick Saban pulled Jalen Hurts and the every other starter soon after.
Here’s some of what Saban had to say afterward:
• There were two things we wanted to accomplish: Play with a standard as we move forward, but also do a good job for the seniors. We dressed everyone who was eligible and I think we played all the seniors.
• I don’t think there were any significant injuries. Senior kicker Andy Pappanastos has a bit of a pull, played it safe with him.
• For Calvin Ridley to move into the top levels of Alabama receivers was “pretty special.”
• We were pretty efficient with the first-team offense.
• Freshman linebacker Dylan Moses got a lot more confidence. “I think last week was a bit much of him.” Went much better this week. Got a lot of experience today and did a good job. Was very active in the game.
• Josh Jacobs handled kickoffs as Ruggs was a bit beat up after last week. Wanted to see how he would do and handle it as well.
• Safety Deione Thompson did a nice job out there. Minkah Fitzpatrick (hamstring) was not able to play, will hopefully practice this week.
• This senior class has been phenomenal. “It probably ties a record somewhere.” (It tied the NCAA record, last year’s team). Guys were saying going out the tunnel at halftime “It’s the last time we’re going down the tunnel together.” It meat something to them.
The post Live updates: Nick Saban updates injuries following senior day win over Mercer appeared first on SEC Country.